Nearest railway stations are Teddington and Hampton Court. A 10-minute walk from these stations will reach park gates at the North and the South ends of Chestnut Avenue. Hampton Wick station and Hampton Station are around 15 minutes’ walk to a park gate.
On foot or cycle
There are many gates into the park around the perimeter. Cycle parking is located at many points in the park. Cyclists must ride on cycle paths. Cycling across grassland is not permitted.
There are car parks in and around Bushy Park.
There are disabled parking spaces at various points in the Bushy Park car parks. See the map for details.
Car parks inside the park each have a donation parking ticket machine. The income helps with maintaining the park.
At present access to car parks is restricted to the following arrangements:
• The Diana Fountain car park, which is near the ponds and the children’s playground, can only be reached via the gate at the southern end of Chestnut Avenue, i.e. on Hampton Court Road, opposite the Lion Gate to Hampton Court Palace grounds.
• The Pheasantry car park, which is near the café and the Woodland Gardens, can only be reached from the Teddington Gate at the northern end of Chestnut Avenue i.e. on Park Road. This gate will also at times provide access to the Upper Lodge car park when that is opened.
• Until further notice the Diana and Pheasantry car parks are only open on weekdays. Currently no car parks are open at weekends.
• Through traffic is not currently allowed along Chestnut Avenue. This road can only be used by cyclists and pedestrians and for access to the car parks.
Apart from the three visitor car parks inside Bushy Park, there is the Clapperstile car park outside the park near the National Physical Laboratory in Teddington, reached from Queen’s Road and Rayleigh Avenue.
Further car parking outside the park is available at the public car park in Hampton Hill, reached from Hampton Hill High Street, entering by Taylor Close, opposite the Hampton Hill Theatre.
Previously, when the current arrangements were not operating, on Saturday mornings the car parks in the park were very busy, because of the weekly Park Run event.
At no time is car parking on roads, grasslands and verges permitted. The police will issue parking tickets.
To see a map of Bushy Park go to the link here on The Royal Parks website: Map of Bushy Park
The Woodland Gardens gates open between 09.00 and 09.30 and close at dusk.
The Water Gardens are closed on Mondays and open on other days from 09.00 until dusk. On bank holiday Mondays they are open but closed the Tuesday after.
Vehicle gates at each end of Chestnut Avenue are open from 06.30 until dusk, or until 19.00 in the winter. Through traffic is not allowed under current arrangements. Commercial vehicles are prohibited unless specifically authorised.
The park is open to everyone to enjoy. It offers space for a wide range of activities including walking, running, cycling, fishing (by licence), model boating (on Heron Pond) and just doing nothing.
One activity that is not permitted is flying drones.
You can tread lightly by avoiding the following disrespectful behaviours:
• Leaving litter
• Lighting barbecues and bonfires
• Removing chestnuts, flora and other natural objects
• Disturbing fallen and dead wood
• Dumping of pets and plants
• Dog waste
• Uncontrolled dogs
• Off-road cycling
• Speeding traffic
A kiosk for drinks and light snacks is located by the Pheasantry, alongside the Visitor Centre, allowing dog walkers to obtain refreshments. Dogs are not permitted in the Woodland Gardens where the Pheasantry café is located. This kiosk is open at similar times to the main café, subject to weather conditions.
A water fountain to refresh dogs is located between the kiosk and Visitor Centre.
A kiosk is located at the Diana Fountain car park, next to Heron Pond, where drinks and hot snacks are available. This is open from 08.30 until 18.00 in summer and 08.30 until 16.00 in winter, subject to weather conditions.
A children’s playground is located on the south side of the park, a short walk from the Diana Fountain.
Public toilets are located next to the Visitor Centre and at the children’s playground.
A visitor centre is located at the Pheasantry. It is open at weekends and certain other times.
See map for details of the above park facilities: Map of Bushy Park and Facilities